Geneva, Switzerland, April 19th, 2023, Chainwire
They say if you can’t make it there, you can’t make it anywhere. So, the TRON DAO team gave Gotham a go.
12 members of the TRON DAO leadership team participated in NFT NYC 2023. TRON was a Platinum Sponsor, and three of our leaders – Dave Uhryniak, Feroz Lakhani, and Jason Dukes – spoke on the Main Stage at the event. Uhryniak was a part of a four-person panel discussing “Decentralization through NFTs,” while Lakhani and Dukes had a fire-side chat about “Navigating the Future: Pivoting to a Career in the Decentralized World.”
NFT NYC 2023 featured seven track options across eight stages – Art, Brands, Community, Entertainment, Future, Gaming, and Legal. According to NFT NYC leadership, there were 1300+ speakers, 6000+ registered attendees, 18,000+ NFTs collected by attendees, 250,000+ tweets about #NFTNYC2023, and 80+ sponsors who helped make it all happen.
So, what did the TRON DAO team actually do at NFT NYC 2023?
Along with delighting in delicious New York cuisine, downing a few late-night cannolis, enjoying drinks over enriching conversation, and attending blockchain-sponsored events and concerts and art shows, they expended energy in the following ways:
- Engaging with participants to tell them the story of all that’s happening across the TRON Network – many were surprised to find out TRON has the most user activity of any blockchain
- Connecting with projects and people to discern potential partners to welcome into the TRON ecosystem – many were impressed to find out TRON moves more USDT than Ethereum
- Representing the TRON DAO community with compelling communication from the Main Stage on topics that intrigued NFT and Web3 enthusiasts – many were intrigued that TRON has the second most TVL among all blockchains
- Forging interoperable partnerships with artists and builders who have developed on other blockchains as we invited them to expand their reach on TRON – many were excited to learn that the BitTorrent Chain bridges TRON with the Ethereum Network and the Binance Smart Chain
- Challenged NFT enthusiasts to take a look at the NFT possibilities in the TRON ecosystem – many were eager to discover all they could build with EVM-compatibility and all they could share through the growing APENFT marketplace
After four days “On the Town,” Leonard Bernstein would have been proud of how the news of TRON was spread among the NFT NYC 2023 crowd.
Uquid Partners with TRON DAO to Offer Fast and Affordable Payment Methods
Uquid, a leading Web3 platform for purchasing physical and digital products and services, has partnered with TRON DAO to enhance its offerings and user experience.The partnership will integrate payment options so users can pay with select TRON currencies, making it even easier for users to purchase the digital products and services they desire.
The collaboration between Uquid and TRON provides several benefits for users. TRON’s network speed and safety empower Uquid to offer its users a faster and more secure payment experience. TRON also allows Uquid to develop new applications and services that can benefit its users in the future.
Since 2016, Uquid has been developing an outstanding Web3 shopping infrastructure that offers millions of physical and digital products with the objective of serving 50 million users by 2027. Uquid’s marketplace combines the best of e-commerce with the strengths of DeFi and NFT technology. From gift cards to mobile top-ups and virtual debit cards, users can purchase the products they want quickly and easily with cryptocurrency. By leveraging the TRON blockchain to provide users with a secure and user-friendly payment experience, Uquid is paving the way for a new era of digital commerce.
About TRON DAO
TRON DAO is a community-governed DAO dedicated to accelerating the decentralization of the internet via blockchain technology and dApps.
Founded in September 2017 by H.E. Justin Sun, the TRON network has continued to deliver impressive achievements since MainNet launch in May 2018. July 2018 also marked the ecosystem integration of BitTorrent, a pioneer in decentralized Web3 services boasting over 100 million monthly active users. The TRON network has gained incredible traction in recent years. As of April 2023, it has over 154.4 million total user accounts on the blockchain, more than 5.35 billion total transactions, and over $12.2 billion in total value locked (TVL), as reported on TRONSCAN.
In addition, TRON hosts the largest circulating supply of USD Tether (USDT) stablecoin across the globe, overtaking USDT on Ethereum since April 2021. The TRON network completed full decentralization in December 2021 and is now a community-governed DAO. Most recently in October 2022, TRON was designated as the national blockchain for the Commonwealth of Dominica, which marks the first time a major public blockchain partnered with a sovereign nation to develop its national blockchain infrastructure. On top of the government’s endorsement to issue Dominica Coin (“DMC”), a blockchain-based fan token to help promote Dominica’s global fanfare, seven existing TRON-based tokens – TRX, BTT, NFT, JST, USDD, USDT, TUSD, have been granted statutory status as authorized digital currency and medium of exchange in the country.